Trek to Nishani BettaOctober 19, 2016
Trekking & Cave Exploration at AntargangeOctober 19, 2016
View from the peak..
Chennagiri is a part of a hill range near the Nandi Hills area, about 60 km from Bengaluru. The hill range consists of a group of 3 hills is a great weekend trek for anyone who would like a very good introduction to trekking.
We begin the trek by walking to the bottom of Chennagiri’s ridge on the right side. From here on we will be sticking to this ridge until we near the summit. The terrain consists of arid shrub forests and volcanic boulders that are typical of the Deccan plateau region. The trail is challenging and features some of the best views of the Deccan wilderness landscape. The trail ends at the temple pond at the peak.
Overall Chennagiri is a 2-hour long hike to the peak with some of the most rewarding views of the untouched landscape. Other famous hills such as Skandhagiri and Nandi Hills are visible from the peak and make for a picture straight out of a postcard.
- Terrain – Rocky
- Distance – 65 KM from Bangalore
- Grade – Moderate to Difficult
- Trek Distance – 5.5 KM in total
- Transport – Non A/c. Depending on the number of participants it can be Tavera/Qualis, Tempo Traveler, Minibus.
- Food – Basic Veg food and Trail food like Sandwich, Cupcake, Banana, Tropicana Fruit Juice.
Participation Fees: Rs.1050/highlight]
06:30 AM – Pickup from BMC, 80ft Road Indiranagar
06:45 AM – Pickup from New Shanti sagar Hotel, Domlur
07:00 AM – Pick up from Garuda Mall, Magrath Road
– Have breakfast on the way and pack lunch
– Start Trekking, Reach peak, explore. Have packed lunch
– Trek down and Depart to Bangalore
– Have tea/coffee on the way back
07:30 PM – Reach Bangalore
- 1 Breakfast
- 1 Lunch
- Transport from Bangalore to Bangalore.
- Anything which is not mentioned in inclusions.
Things to Carry:
- One strong backpack
- 2 liters water bottle
- Headwear like Caps, hats or bandanas
- Sunscreen lotion
- Small torch with new batteries
- Shoes for trekking
- Energy food such as Chocolates, Nutri-bars, juice packs etc.
- Raincoat (Just in case)
Terms and Conditions:
- Alcohol is strictly prohibited on BMC events (Except when that event is party :).
- Trekking is an activity where there are more than 50% chances of facing uncertainty, as you see we always write “Tentative Schedule”, on treks, it is very difficult to make people walk with the speed we want. Also because the vehicles we hire are not regular on route vehicles like KSTDC which can guaranty us the time it takes to reach.
- Weather conditions, Wildlife movements, permission changes are not in our hand, many times we are forced to change the itinerary, distance or place. But if for some reason we cancel the event we offer 100% refund to all the participants.
- All participants registering for the trek should be trekkers! We have experienced few picnic crowd registering for Treks by mistake (Crowd which demands Changing room, rest room, bedroom, shower, porters etc.) We request not to register if you are not Ok to carry your own required items, which includes: Your personal backpack, sleeping bags and common items like food, tents etc distributed equally among the group.
- We are dependent on 3rd party transport agency, we don’t have direct control over the vehicle, vehicle drivers. Rarely we face small issues with pickup and drop times or quality of bus. If you are too specific please check back before registering.
- We can not guaranty availability of restrooms where we do night camping. But for everybody’s convenience, we try our best to reach the place where people can freshen up.
- While utilizing campsite all trekkers have to be responsible for cleaning the place (after and before using).
- We expect every trekker to be humble towards Nature, localities, and tribals.
- We have designated pick up and drop points, make your own arrangements of transports accordingly. It took more than 4 years for us to make our departure on time, that was since we started leaving all late comers behind in Bangalore.
- For cancellation of participation, we will pay your refund as per our cancellation policy.
- In the case of damage or loss of any of the BMC equipment or property, the responsible member has to bear the cost.
- There is no consideration, priorities, discounts to even our close friends, but on times we reward participants with free or discounted treks for their outstanding leadership/volunteer ship during treks.
- All our events are built on Teamwork methodology. Our coordinators’ presence in the event is to lead the event, make sure that things are going as per plan, schedule, safety. Also, its fun to pitch tents, collect firewood from the forest, cook food etc.
- Trekking is a life skill of exploring the nature in a natural way which gives you an experience of surviving in nowhere and with nothing. Try to gain a maximum of that experience, test the limits of your physic and mind.
- All our arrangements are very basic, we do not/can not provide luxury on such events. Our accommodations are many times: Sleeping bags and Tents, Dormitories, room with no beds and sometimes just sleeping bags under the glittering sky.
- To keep proper track of participants and keep them updated time to time, we require each and every participant to read thru these points and then register.
- We do not have control over online registration head count, on times we get many registrations than max head count, in that case, we have to request last overbooked members to accept refunds or switch to another trek.
- These are guideline/clarification points, our operation is much professional to attract thousands of enthusiasts 🙂
- If you have a doubt with any of above points please feel free to contact us for clarification. If you disagree with any of these points, we request to rethink before registration.
BMC Cancellation Policy
BMC’s Cancellation policy For Weekend Departures : (New refund policy effective from 25th Oct 2015)
- Cancellation 5 Days Prior To The Date Of Departure – 80% refund
- Cancellation 2 Days Prior To The Date Of Departure – 25% refund
- Cancellation 2 Days Prior with carry forward of the amount for future event – Free
- You are allowed to transfer your booking to anybody else with prior confirmation – Free
BMC Refund Policy
- Once cancellation of the registered event to participate and refund amount is mutually agreed between
participant and Team BMC, we prepare all refund cheques on the following Monday and deposit them in the
respective banks on Tuesday. Please wait another week if the refund process is initiated on Monday after 11AM.
To have refund processed on Tuesday, we request you to get all formalities done on or before Monday morning
11AM, this includes: agreement on the refund amount and providing all bank details for depositing the cheque in.In a case of serious urgency, you can ask our team to expedite the process. It takes additional effort, hence does it ONLY in case of extreme urgency.
- For transactions done by Payment gateway, we will initiate a refund within 1-2 days from request date, from there onwards Payment gateway to Bank/Credit card reverse transaction can take anywhere between 5 days to as long as 4 weeks.
For any clarification email us at [email protected] or call on 9611102222
BMC Office Address :
#472, 1st Floor,
80 Ft Main Road, HAL 2nd Stage,
Opp BSNL Telephone Exchange,
Landmark – Jeevan Bhima Nagar Main Rd.
Bangalore – 560 075
Only logged in users can place bookings