Tadiyandmol Trek, CoorgApril 24, 2017
Skydiving – Solo Jump CourseMay 16, 2017
About Place :
Being the highest organic tea estate in the world, Kolukkumalai is one of the best places to have a refreshing cup of tea and trek around. There is a tea factory building built in 1930 where the tea is processed in a traditional way.
The trek starts from Kurangani village at 3,800 Feet and continues up toward a grassland till a single pine tree which is a resting point before entering the forest. From here, the trail is steeply uninterrupted and traverses right into the forest. While hiking through this trail we get mesmerizing views of Kurangani hills and cool breeze continuously hits our face. Once we hit the forest we are completely covered with the jungle canopy all the way till Kolukkumalai. There are around forty to fifty hairpin bends we have to criss-cross throughout and the only way to reach our destination. As we hit the last stretch of the trek, the pine trees welcome us with unique high altitude environment with birds chirping around in the fog covered tea estates.
Kolukkumalai is at 6,800 Feet above sea level and it has some excellent views of the far off plains in the bordering state of Tamilnadu. It’s a charming sight to witness the distant hills slipping in and out of the mist. After reaching the destination, we will relax for some time with little exploration around the tea gardens and head toward the camping site for overnight stay in tents followed by a dinner and camp fire.
- Temerature – Day-25 – 35 Degrees C ,Night- 05 -15 Degrees C
- Distance – 480 KM from Bangalore
- Grade – Moderate to Difficult
- Trek Distance – 28 KM (Both ways)
- Accommodation – Tented Accommodation with Sleeping Bags.
- Transport – Non A/c. Depending on the number of participants it can be Tavera/Qualis, Tempo Traveler, Minibus.
- Food – Basic Veg food
- Washrooms – Only Toilets ,Difficult to get Shower/Hot water .
Participation Fees: Rs.4250/-
06:30PM – Pick-up at BMC office, 80ft Road Indiranagar
06:45PM – Pick-up at New Shanthi Sagar Hotel, Domlur
07:00PM – Pick-up at Lifestyle, Margrath Road (Near Garuda Mall)
08:00PM – Pick up fron Silk Board Junction, Hosur Road .
06:30AM – Reach base camp – Freshen up & Breakfast
08:30AM – Proceed to Kolukkumali hills and start the trek .Have pack lunch on the peak, Explore the peak .Trek down to base camp & Camping.
05:30AM – Freshen up – Breakfast
09:00AM – Pack-up and Trek down to Kurangani .
Start back to Bangalore – On the way self sponsored lunch
11:50PM – Reach back to Bangalore.
Note: Drop points will be the same as pick-up points.
- Sunrise View
- Sunset time
- Grass Land Walk
- Sunset View
- 2 Breakfast
- 1 Lunch
- 1 Dinner
- Insurance up to 1 Lakh
- Local Guide
- Transport from Bangalore to Bangalore.
- Anything which is not mentioned in inclusions.
Things to Carry:
- One strong backpack
- 2 liters water bottle
- Headwear like Caps, hats or bandanas
- Sunscreen lotion
- Toiletries (Comb, shampoo, tissue paper, soap, toothbrush, etc.)
- Small torch with new batteries
- Shoes for trekking
- Change of clothes enough for two days
- Energy food such as Chocolates, Nutri-bars, juice packs etc.
- Raincoat (Just in case)
Terms and Conditions:
- Alcohol is strictly prohibited on BMC events (Except when that event is party :).
- Trekking is an activity where there are more than 50% chances of facing uncertainty, as you see we always write “Tentative Schedule”, on treks, it is very difficult to make people walk with the speed we want. Also because the vehicles we hire are not regular on route vehicles like KSTDC which can guaranty us the time it takes to reach.
- Weather conditions, Wildlife movements, permission changes are not in our hand, many times we are forced to change the itinerary, distance or place. But if for some reason we cancel the event we offer 100% refund to all the participants.
- All participants registering for the trek should be trekkers! We have experienced few picnic crowd registering for Treks by mistake (Crowd which demands Changing room, rest room, bedroom, shower, porters etc.) We request not to register if you are not Ok to carry your own required items, which includes: Your personal backpack, sleeping bags and common items like food, tents etc distributed equally among the group.
- We are dependent on 3rd party transport agency, we don’t have direct control over the vehicle, vehicle drivers. Rarely we face small issues with pickup and drop times or quality of bus. If you are too specific please check back before registering.
- We can not guaranty availability of restrooms where we do night camping. But for everybody’s convenience, we try our best to reach the place where people can freshen up.
- While utilizing campsite all trekkers have to be responsible for cleaning the place (after and before using).
- We expect every trekker to be humble towards Nature, localities, and tribals.
- We have designated pick up and drop points, make your own arrangements of transports accordingly. It took more than 4 years for us to make our departure on time, that was since we started leaving all late comers behind in Bangalore.
- For cancellation of participation, we will pay your refund as per our cancellation policy.
- In the case of damage or loss of any of the BMC equipment or property, the responsible member has to bear the cost.
- There is no consideration, priorities, discounts to even our close friends, but on times we reward participants with free or discounted treks for their outstanding leadership/volunteer ship during treks.
- All our events are built on Teamwork methodology. Our coordinators’ presence in the event is to lead the event, make sure that things are going as per plan, schedule, safety. Also, its fun to pitch tents, collect firewood from the forest, cook food etc.
- Trekking is a life skill of exploring the nature in a natural way which gives you an experience of surviving in nowhere and with nothing. Try to gain a maximum of that experience, test the limits of your physic and mind.
- All our arrangements are very basic, we do not/can not provide luxury on such events. Our accommodations are many times: Sleeping bags and Tents, Dormitories, room with no beds and sometimes just sleeping bags under the glittering sky.
- To keep proper track of participants and keep them updated time to time, we require each and every participant to read thru these points and then register.
- We do not have control over online registration head count, on times we get many registrations than max head count, in that case, we have to request last overbooked members to accept refunds or switch to another trek.
- These are guideline/clarification points, our operation is much professional to attract thousands of enthusiasts 🙂
- If you have a doubt with any of above points please feel free to contact us for clarification. If you disagree with any of these points, we request to rethink before registration.
BMC Cancellation Policy
BMC’s Cancellation policy For Weekend Departures : (New refund policy effective from 25th Oct 2015)
- Cancellation 5 Days Prior To The Date Of Departure – 80% refund
- Cancellation 2 Days Prior To The Date Of Departure – 25% refund
- Cancellation 2 Days Prior with carry forward of the amount for future event – Free
- You are allowed to transfer your booking to anybody else with prior confirmation – Free
BMC Refund Policy
- Once cancellation of the registered event to participate and refund amount is mutually agreed between
participant and Team BMC, we prepare all refund cheques on the following Monday and deposit them in the
respective banks on Tuesday. Please wait another week if the refund process is initiated on Monday after 11AM.
To have refund processed on Tuesday, we request you to get all formalities done on or before Monday morning
11AM, this includes: agreement on the refund amount and providing all bank details for depositing the cheque in.In a case of serious urgency, you can ask our team to expedite the process. It takes additional effort, hence does it ONLY in case of extreme urgency.
- For transactions done by Payment gateway, we will initiate a refund within 1-2 days from request date, from there onwards Payment gateway to Bank/Credit card reverse transaction can take anywhere between 5 days to as long as 4 weeks.
For any clarification email us at [email protected] or call on 9611102222
BMC Office Address :
#472, 1st Floor,
80 Ft Main Road, HAL 2nd Stage,
Opp BSNL Telephone Exchange,
Landmark – Jeevan Bhima Nagar Main Rd.
Bangalore – 560 075
Only logged in users can place bookings